POSITION: Events Lead
REPORTS TO: USA Sports Marketing Manager
LOCATION: Newbury Park, CA, USA
The Events Lead will be responsible for (1) All Logistics and execution of company events and budget coordination (2) Coordination of key brand events and partnerships within regional markets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead US-based corporate, national, regional and local brand events focused on logistics including promotions, lodging, transportation, meals, and entertainment planning
- Gather info from Account Executives, athletes, ambassadors, staff and lead communication of pre and post-event details
- Work with Marketing team for athlete involvement and participation in key company events
- Negotiate contracts and agreements with outside providers regarding space, food, equipment and entertainment
- Work with Account Executive team on Regional Event Marketing planning, support and execution
- Maintain and create calendar of events for organizing meetings and events including full logistical details for internal staff and on-site team members
- Collaborate with Retail Services to support special events, pop-up locations, film projects and athlete ppearances at Giant Retail Partnership doors
- Experience, participation and connection within the cycling industry (or outside sport) for executing emotional events.
- 3+ years’ experience in event planning, partnership programs or outdoor/sporting goods company
- Strong written and verbal communications, public presentation skills, creativity, leadership, and
- organization skills
- Must bring energy about cycling, with the ability to work independently or as a team member with business owners and managers as well as with the general public
- Possess valid US Driver License and travel up to 20% within the US
- Exempt full time position based out of our corporate office in Newbury Park, CA. No remote opportunities
EVENTS LEAD (Newbury Park, CA) / Salary / starts @ $63k based on qualifications, energy and experience.