Lightweight for big days on the road but strong and capable for the most punishing gravel, the optimized carbon layup of the Giant CXR 1 features extra high-tensile strength carbon fiber placed only at the most crucial structural points, creating an XC-strong rim that beats the competition at a super-low 1398g.
- Optimized carbon lay-up places high-tensile strength carbon fiber at the most crucial points, ensuring a robust structure at a class-leading weight
- Giant hookless technology further enhances the rim’s durability with a more consistent carbon fiber structure, creating XC-level impact resistance and a rounder tire shape for better grip and handling as well as added sidewall support when cornering
- 25mm inner rim width is apt for larger volume road and gravel tires
- Dynamic Balanced Lacing technology ensures spokes are set for optimal tension when pedaling, resulting in enhanced durability and transmission efficiency, creating a stiffer, more efficient wheel that winds up fast and carries more speed
- 54 tooth DT 350 hub offers near-instant engagement for quick power on technical climbs
Since its first incarnation on our cyclocross bikes back in 2014, the CXR 1 has accompanied riders as they took their 'cross and road bikes farther and faster across more demanding terrain, right into the whole new discipline of gravel riding and racing. Now, what began life in the mud and grime of the CX course has evolved into the next generation of all-purpose wheel, combining class-leading weight and stiffness for on-road performance with maximum strength and durability for gravel and dirt.
LIGHT & DURABLE
FAST & EFFICIENT
A smooth transition from tire to hookless rim sidewall for optimal aerodynamics and a 25mm inner width that’s apt for both 28-32C road as well as 40-50C gravel tires make the CXR 1 as fast as it is versatile. Combined with the wider bracing angle of Dynamic Balanced Lacing providing increased stiffness and power and a 54 tooth DT 350 hub offering near-instant engagement for quick technical ascents, the CXR 1 redefines all-rounder performance.
Selecting any of the image buttons will open a larger image gallery with image descriptions
Hookless Rim Design
Hookless rim design enhances overall durability, offers a wider inner rim width without adding extra weight and also helps create a more round tire shape providing superior grip and handling as well as added sidewall support when cornering. Additionally, without the rim hook to “push” the tire bead inward, hookless rim design offers a more seamless airflow between the tire and the sidewall of the rim, resulting in less drag and improved aero performance when compared to standard hook-type rims.
Dynamic Balanced Lacing
Since its introduction in 2015, Dynamic Balanced Lacing (DBL) has been the cornerstone of Giant WheelSystems. DBL ensures that spokes are set for optimal tension when under dynamic load, resulting in enhanced durability and pedaling efficiency. The enlarged DBL hub flange also increases the spoke bracing angles, which boosts overall torsional/transmission and lateral stiffness for better power transfer and more stable sprinting.
Alla specifikationer kan ändras utan varsel.