There are some simple steps you can take to get the most range out of your EnergyPak battery source. Range varies based on several factors including:
- Weather conditions (temperature and wind)
- Terrain (elevation changes and road surface)
- Conditions of your components (including tire pressure)
- Riding style (including acceleration, cadence and gear use)
- Total weight (rider and cargo)
- Charge and discharge cycles
To maximize battery life and extend your E-bike’s range, follow these tips:
- Make sure the EnergyPak is fully charged before you start your ride. The range depends on which EnergyPak you have. Giant offers 300Wh, 400Wh and 500Wh batteries.
- Always check tire pressure before you start your ride. Having the right tire pressure minimizes rolling resistance. This gives you a smooth, comfortable ride that’s also efficient. The max PSI is displayed on the side of the tires.
- Be smart about how you shift. For low speeds and starting from a stop, low gearing is best. This helps you get up to speed quickly and also use less power from your battery. The higher the speed, the higher the gear you should use. For smooth support and optimum range, it is best to reduce pedal pressure while shifting gears.
- Ride in Eco mode. Eco mode delivers the lowest amount of pedaling support and uses the least amount of energy.
- Ride without support. Giant E-bikes can be used without support, although it takes more effort as E-bikes are generally heavier than standard bikes.
Follow these tips, and you’ll be able to ride farther and enjoy maximum range with your Giant E-bike.