DO YOU THRIVE ON DAILY CHALLENGES?
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO WORK FOR A WORLD LEADING BICYCLE BRAND, HELPING TO COORDINATE THE PURCHASING SHIPPING AND INBOUND LOGISTICS FOR THE COMPANY?
IF SO, GIANT HAS AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY FOR A SELF-MOTIVATED AND HIGHLY ORGANISED INDIVIDUAL SEEKING A NEW CHALLENGE IN PURCHASING AND SHIPPING?
Supporting the Purchasing & Sales Manager, you will be responsible for assisting with the smooth running of the department and the co-ordination of the Purchasing Manager’s workload. Day to day tasks will include purchasing, shipping, inbound logistics and monitoring inventory levels. The role has the potential to advance in due course to include forecasting stock requirements and order planning for the business.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the day to day co-ordination of the Purchasing Managers workload
- Update information on the internal system. Which will include;
- Raising purchase orders with our factories
- Update the system with the weekly / monthly production plan provided by the factory and monitoring for any discrepancies
- Receipt all deliveries into the system
- Complete stock adjustments where required
- Process stock returns
- Work closely with our 3PL to ensure accurate stock records
- Be responsible for placing sample purchase orders and ensuring on-time delivery
- Liaise with our freight forwarders to schedule the container and trailer deliveries into the warehouse
- Processing shipping documents provided from the vendors which will include updating the internal system, 3PL and customs agent
- Complete weekly and monthly reporting for both the purchasing department and sales department
- Provide assistance with ad-hoc reporting as and when required, which will include assistance with reports to head office
- Item creation and maintenance of item database
- Work closely with other departments to ensure accurate stock reporting and key specifications
The successful candidate will be a highly organised and motivated individual with previous administrative experience, ideally with a purchasing or buying background and an ability to work in a time-critical environment. You will be very task-focused with meticulous attention to detail given the nature of the role. Working in a small team, you will be a team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is able to manage a varied and busy workload, handling conflicting priorities easily. You will show a willingness to learn additional skills outside of purchasing and must possess an excellent understanding of MS Excel, ideally intermediate or above, involving high levels of numeracy.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Educated to A/ AS Level
- Degree or previous data analysis experience would be desirable but not essential
- Minimum 1+ years’ purchasing experience or experience in a similar role
- A keen interest in the bicycle industry would be advantageous
Competitive salary, experience depending
Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
- Company Pension Scheme
- Profit and KPI based Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Insurance
- Loan Bike Scheme (restrictions apply)
- 20 days holiday increasing a day for each full year worked up to a maximum of 25 days
- UK public holidays given
Email your CV together with a covering letter to HR@giant-bicycles.co.uk or post to;
HR at Giant UK Ltd
The closing date for application is the Sunday 5th May 2019. Applicants who have not been contacted by the 10th May 2019 have been unsuccessful on this occasion