Giant Manufacturing Co., Ltd. and the subordinate company of which a majority of the total number of outstanding voting shares or of the total amount of the capital stock held by Giant Manufacturing Co., Ltd. (hereinafter “the Group” or “Giant Group”) is committed to protecting your privacy.
Giant Group hereby makes the following statement which includes the guidelines we use for protecting the information you provide to us.
Purposes for collecting personal data
To improve the service quality and personalized services, Giant Group collects personal data for the following purposes:
- To process your membership registration and verify whether the information you provide is correct, the latest and valid.
- To provide the member services, product support and repair service.
- To complete your transactions with Giant Group and to process your exchange and/or return request.
- To understand and improve our products and service quality.
- To communicate with you and provide marketing or promotional materials.
- To tailor content we display to you and offers we may present to you.
- To conduct statistical surveys and analyses for improving and facilitating the provision of services and products.
- To enforce and comply with the law, including to conduct an investigation, to protect the property and rights of Giant Group or a third party, to protect safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be illegal, fraudulent, unethical or legally actionable activity.
To safeguard your rights and interests, the personal data which you have provided to us will be verified against that of a third-party agency to facilitate transaction security and prevent your identity from being fraudulently used by others.
Methods for collecting personal data
Giant Group will collect your personal data through the following means:
- when you register RideControl App.
- when you request and/or get maintenance, repair or other services from Giant Group’s authorized distributors/dealers that use HPB platform.
- when you use the cycling information recording services on RideControl App.
- when you submit your personal data for any other reason.
The conditions listed in Article 9, paragraph 2 of General Data Protection Regulation are not limited to this.
Categories of personal data collected
Through the above data collection methods, the types of personal data Giant Group collects may include:
- Personal identifiers, including but not limited to: names, account names of Facebook, Google or Apple, phone numbers, home addresses, photos, e-mail addresses, electronic signatures, bike serial number etc.;
- Personal details, including but not limited to: age, height, weight, gender, date of birth, etc.;
- Travel and other migration details, including but not limited to: GPS data, duration, distance, pace and speed collected from your riding, training or touring;
- Lifestyle details, including but not limited to: maintenance and repair history.
Period, regions, targets and methods of using the personal data collected
Period: The period of use of personal data mentioned above is based on the duration of the specific purposes of data collection, or as determined by relevant laws (e.g. Civil Code, Personal Data Protection Act, General Data Protection Regulation, etc.) or the period of preservation necessary for facilitating business operations (longer than the period prescribed by the laws) or the retention period specified by individual contract for the preservation of the data.
Regions: The personal data will be used by Giant Group’s entities, distributors and dealers worldwide for providing relevant services.
Targets and methods:
- Your personal data may be used by the Group, its contractors, agents, distributors, subsidiaries, associated companies, and/or business partners to offer services including but not limited to: membership registration, provision of services, product support, processing the repair, replacement and refund, completing your transactions, tailoring content and offers we may present to you, and solving your problems.
- For the marketing of products and services, including the services and products provided by the Group and/or its third-party contract partner, contractors, agencies, distributors, subsidiaries, associated companies and/or business partners.
We promise that, without your consent, we will neither disclose your personal data to a third party irrelevant to our products and services nor use it for any purpose other than that aforementioned, with the following exceptions: for the purpose of cooperating with legal investigations initiated by judicial authorities or authorities concerned as per duties and responsibilities.
Customer's rights to his/her personal data
Anyone who provides the Group with his/her personal data is entitled to the following rights according to relevant laws:
- To make an enquiry about or request reviewing the data.
- To request a copy of the data.
- To request supplementation or correction.
- To request suspension of data collection, processing or utilization.
- To request restriction of processing.
- To request restriction of automated decision-making.
- To request deletion (right to be forgotten) (if the personal data is being processed or the processing of your personal data is necessary for the related laws of personal data, this may lead to our inability to process or answer your case or other service requests).
- To request data portability.
If you are a user of RideControl App, you can exercise right to be forgotten by sending your request on RideControl App or exercise any of the aforementioned rights by sending your request to: email@example.com; if you get maintenance, repair or other services at a Giant authorized store, you can contact the store to exercise any of the aforementioned rights. Your request will be handled as soon as your identity is verified. If you provide incorrect or incomplete personal data, such as a nickname, which prevents us from verifying your real identity, we might be unable to uphold your privacy rights.
Collection of information through 'Cookies'
A 'cookie' is a small piece of data saved on the users’ hard disk for the servers differentiating preference between individual users. If you reject the cookies placed by the Group, you will not have access to certain personalized features or participate in all of the activities in RideControl App.
Use of third-party cookies
We place third-party cookies on RideControl App for you to login with your existing information from social networking services. If you do not want to enable such third-party cookies, please do not use the social login function.
Use of Location Data
To provide you with better services, if you download our RideControl App and agree to enable the location functions, we will collect your location data, including but not limited to your cycling routes and GPS data. If you do not agree to collection of your location data, you will not have access to some specific functions of the RideControl App.
Location Data will be used for the following purposes:
- To record your cycling route and analyze your cycling information, and to provide you with recommended or popular routes.
- To analyze your cycling data and rank your cycling performance.
Collection of E-mail Address
The Group will follow the chapter “Methods for collecting personal data ” in using the e-mail addresses obtained to deliver information relevant to our customers, including transaction information, services and promotional information, and will make you be aware of that the e-mail is sent by the Group.
Data profiling and automated decision-making
The Group and its contractors, agents, distributors, affiliates, service providers and/or business partners will extract specific information including the total amount of transaction. We will use this information to observe the effectiveness of our marketing activities and may send this information to our partners for similar purposes. The Group will use the information collected by third-party service providers and make reports based on it to provide better and more personalized transactions and various services.
Please safeguard your personal data, additional services and all kinds of online services. Do not provide your personal data to others.
Governing Law and Settlement of Disputes
Any dispute arising out of or in connection with RideControl App and/or the maintenance and repair history information collected by the store and recorded on HPB Platform shall refer to and be brought and maintained in Taiwan Taichung District Court, R.O.C.