"Personal Information" is information about You that is personally identifiable to You, including but not limited to Your name, height, weight, FTP, gender, date of birth.
"Anonymous Information" means information that is not associated with or linked to Your Personal Information. Anonymous Information does not permit identification of You. Anonymous Information, such as basic usage statistics regarding Your use of the products and services offered by Giant, does not by itself identify You to Giant, including but not limited to riding speed, distance, altitude, time, route, power and heart rate though such information may be unique or consist of or contain information that You consider personal.
Collection of Information by Giant
The Personal Information we gather from You helps us learn about our visitors and customers. We may use this information and/or combine it with other information to provide You with our products and services and the products and services of our carefully selected partners, to develop new products and services, to better tailor the features, performance and support of our products and services, and to offer You additional information and opportunities.
We collect Personal Information that You submit to us voluntarily through our Giant RideLink app and Your use of our products and services. We may collect Anonymous Information passively or actively. The types of Personal Information and Anonymous Information we collect are:
- If You set up a "Giant" account, we will collect Your contact details such as name, gender and country.
- If You request customer support services for Giant products and/or services, we will collect Personal Information to enable us to provide customer support services to You, including Your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and contact preferences. We will also collect other information about the Giant products You own, such as information related to a product or service issue, some of which might include Personal Information.
- Your user account name may be displayed throughout Giant RideLink app (and so available to the public) and is connected to all of Your Giant activity. Other people can see Your posts, uploads, feedback, ratings and associated comments.
- Giant may collect Personal Information through surveys for market research purposes to gain a better understanding of our customers, to improve our products and services, and to develop new products and services. The information we collect in such instances depends on the survey, but might include Your name, address, age, information about Your use of our services and products and the like.
You represent, warrant and covenant that any Personal Information that You supply to Giant is true, complete and accurate in all respects. You agree to notify Giant immediately of any changes to Your Personal Information via our developer email.
Information Collected Via Technology
Giant may gather Anonymous Information from Giant RideLink app when You are using it or uploading selected data to our web server. This Anonymous Information may include location information (information about Your location), information on how long it took You to travel certain routes, traffic patterns or on any technical glitches You may have encountered. The nature of the Anonymous Information that Your Giant device transmits to us will not enable us to trace it back to an identifiable person; provided, however, we may associate such Anonymous Information with Personal Information we have collected from You to provide You with specific location-based services that are tailored to meet Your needs or interests, to improve our products and services or to enforce the agreements, terms and conditions related to Giant RideLink app, products and services.
Personal Information we receive from Other Sources
How does Giant processes Personal Information and Anonymous Information?
- Your Personal Information is used by Giant to perform its obligations resulting from the delivery of the Giant products and/or services to You, under the End-User License Agreement, Limited Warranty, if any, or any other terms that may apply. Giant uses Your Personal Information to respond to Your questions and to fulfil Your requests or to manage interactive customer programmes. Giant is entitled to contract third parties for its fulfilment of its obligations hereunder. These third parties may help Giant to process information, fulfil customer orders, deliver products to You, manage and enhance customer data, provide customer service, assess Your interest in our products and services or to conduct customer research or satisfaction surveys.
- Giant uses Personal Information to contact You via mail, email address or phone to inform You of our (new) products and/or services, promotions we may offer, to submit a customer survey and any other marketing activities. Giant is entitled to contract third parties to perform its direct marketing activities. Giant may use Your Personal Information to conduct market research, to improve our products and/or services, to provide more responsive customer service and to improve our Giant RideLink app and related Communication Channels, products and services.
- Giant also uses Personal Information to contact You, always on an "opt-in" basis, via mail, email address or phone to inform You of product and services of our carefully selected partners.
- Giant may create Anonymous Information records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as Your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to You. We may use this Anonymous Information to analyse usage patterns, to improve all our products and/or services, to develop new products and/or services and reserve the right to use and disclose Anonymous Information to third parties in its discretion.
- We may also use Personal Information to resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems or to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our terms and conditions.
Our disclosure of Your information
We may disclose Personal Information to respond to legal requirements, to enforce our policies, to respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or to protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. Such Personal Information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We may also share Your Personal Information with:
- Complainants in connection with intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity when we in our sole discretion believe such disclosure is reasonably necessary or appropriate. In such events, we may disclose name, street address, city, state, zip code, country, phone number, email address and company name.
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, zip code.
- Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect Your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose Your Personal Information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without an official request, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of Personal Information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
Your Choices regarding Your Personal Information
You may change any of the Personal Information in Your account by editing Your account information.
Accessing, reviewing and changing Your Personal Information
You can see, review and change much of Your Personal Information on Giant RideLink app. Generally, we will not modify Your Personal Information because it is very difficult to verify Your identity remotely (e.g. via telephone). You must promptly update Your Personal Information if it changes or is inaccurate. We do retain Personal Information from uninstalled accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our terms and conditions, and take other actions permitted by law.
Transfer of Business Assets
In the event that Giant undergoes a change of control or is sold or transferred, or in the event that substantially all of its assets are sold or transferred to a third party, Giant's app and any personally identifiable information collected by Giant, will be among the transferred assets. By using our Giant RideLink app, products and/or services, You hereby agree and consent to such transfer or assignment of Your Personal Information collected by Giant or to a change of control of Giant, and You further waive any claims that could be made against us in relation thereto.
We do not intentionally gather Personal Information about visitors who are under the age of 16. If You believe that we have collected Personal Information about a visitor who is under the age of 16, please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safeguarding the information You share with us
We recognize our responsibility to protect the Personal Information You entrust to us. We take precautions including administrative, technical and physical measures to safeguard Your Personal Information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, We cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information and Giant cannot be held liable for any unauthorised access or use of the data we collected.