The following limited warranty applies to all current Giant & Liv bicycles. For older models please refer to your Giant / Liv Owner's Manual for the applicable warranty, or contact your local Authorised Giant Retailer.
Giant warrants for the original owner only the frame, rigid fork, or original component parts of each new Giant brand bicycle to be free from defects in material and workmanship for the following specified periods:
Warranty of lifetime for -
- The bicycle frame, except on models intended for downhill purposes.
Warranty of ten years for -
- Rigid forks
Warranty of three years for -
- Frames on models intended for downhill purposes
Warranty of one year for -
- Paint finish and decals.
All other original parts, including rear shock linkages, but excluding non Giant brand parts, suspension forks, and rear shock absorbers. (All non Giant brand parts, suspension forks, and rear shock absorbers shall be covered exclusively by the stated warranty of their original manufacturer.)
REQUIRED ASSEMBLY WHEN PURCHASED
This warranty applies only to bicycles and framesets purchased new from an Authorised Giant Retailer and assembled by that retailer at the time of purchase.
Unless otherwise provided, the sole remedy under the above warranty, or any implied warranty, is limited to the replacement of defectove parts with those of equal or greater value at the sole discretion of Giant. This warranty extends from the date of purchase, applies only to the original owner, and is not transferable. In no event shall Giant be responsible for any direct, incidental or consequential damages, including, without limitation, damages for personal injury, property damage, or economic losses, whether based on contract, warranty, negligence, product liability, or any other theory.
The above warranty, or implied warranty, does not cover:
- Normal wear and tear on parts such as tyres, chains, brakes, cables and gearwheels in situations where there are no assembly or material defects.
- Bicycles serviced by other than an Authorised Giant Retailer.
- Modifications from the original condition.
- Use of the bicycle for abnormal, competition, and/or commercial activities or for purposes other than those for which the bicycle was designed.
- Damage caused by failing to follow the owner's manual.
- Paint finish and decal damage resulting from taking part in competitions, jumping, downhill and/or training for such activities or events as a result of exposing the bike to, or riding the bike in, severe conditions or climates.
- Labour charges for part replacement or changeover.
Except as is provided by this warranty and subject to all additional warranties Giant and its employees and agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including incidental and consequential loss or damage caused by negligence or default) arising from or concerning any Giant bicycle.
Giant makes no other warranties, express or implied. All implied warranties including the warranties merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are limited in duration to that of the express warranties stated above.
Any claim against this warranty must be made through an Authorised Giant Retailer or distributor. The purchase receipt or other proof of the date of purchase is required before a warranty claim may be processed.
Claims made outside the country of purchase may be subject to fees and additional restrictions.
Warranty duration and detail may differ by frame type and/or by country. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which may vary from place to place. This warranty does not affect your statuatory rights.
For 2011 and older model bicycles, please consult your owner's manual or contact Giant or your Authorised Giant Retailer for the applicable warranty information.