ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ASSISTANT
Supporting the Head of Finance & Operations, you will be responsible for keeping business operations funded.
You will receive invoices from company suppliers and other cost of goods sources and account for them individually. Invoices are placed against project revenues to gauge successfulness, against department incomes to measure performance, and against company sales to determine profitability. You will keep track of all payments and expenditures; purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc.
You will act as gatekeeper between revenues received, and what revenues actually go out. Accuracy is critical, as is the ability to gauge discrepancies and evaluate opportunities for lowering costs.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accept invoices from suppliers and apply those sums to cost accounting
- Establish payment cycles, taking advantage of preferable terms when applicable
- Send invoices to manager or responsible employees for approval
- Remit payments, retaining receipts of transactions
- Reconcile transactions and correct any discrepancies
- Assess invoices comparable to project, department, and company forecasts
- Evaluate performance and make suggestions to cut costs
- Negotiate service and payment terms
- Develop relationships with suppliers
- Find ways to improve payment systems
- Audit accounts payable operations to make sure invoices and receipts are properly coded
- Responsible for some of the company’s statutory reporting to the UK and Irish revenues
- The successful candidate will be a highly organised and self-motivated individual who can take ownership of the role and full responsibility of the purchase ledger.
- You will be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills, who is able to manage a varied and busy workload including invoicing and reporting.
- You will possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written, establishing and maintaining strong relationships with the company’s supplier base. Being able to interact with suppliers, vendors and colleagues in a professional manner is paramount.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Educated to GCSE level A-C
- A or AS Levels desirable but not essential
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Understanding of basic bookkeeping and financial management preferable
- Attention to detail and data entry skills; in particular Excel
Salary: Competitive salary - experience depending
Hours: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
- Company Pension Scheme
- Profit and KPI based Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Insurance
- Loan Bike Scheme (restrictions apply)
- 20 days holiday increasing a day for each full year worked up to a maximum of 25 days
- UK public holidays given
Email your CV together with a covering letter to HR@giant-bicycles.co.uk or post to;
HR at Giant UK Ltd
The closing date for application is Friday 13th September 2019. Applicants who have not been contacted by the 20th September 2019 have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.