Giant U.K. Limited (company number 2167762) (our, us or we) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
1. How we use your information
- 1.1 This policy (together with our any other documents referred to on it) tells you what to expect when we collect personal information from you, or when you provide personal information to us. It applies to information we collect about:
- 1.1.1 people who purchase a bike or other goods from us through our webshop.
- 1.1.2 people who register their bike with us.
- 1.1.3 people who request a Test Ride.
- 1.1.4 people subscribe to our newsletters.
- 1.1.5 people who attend an event.
- 1.1.6 survey communications.
- 1.1.7 people who enter a competition or promotion.
- 1.1.8 visitors to our websites.
- 1.1.9 people who make a complaint.
- 1.1.10 people who contact us.
- 1.1.11 people from other sources.
- 1.2 Please read this policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
- 1.3 For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Giant U.K. Limited of Charnwood Edge Business Park, Syston Road, Cossington, Leicestershire LE7 4UZ.
- 1.4 Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Aaron Bargewell contactable at Giant U.K., Charnwood Edge Business Park, Syston Road, Cossington, Leicester LE7 4UZ, email@example.com.
- 2.1 We want to use your information to keep in touch with you and to provide information about our goods and services. We will also need to use your information to provide you with goods and services.
- 2.3 We will inform you before collecting your data we will let you know how we intend to use your data. If you do not want us to use your data in this way you can let us know by:
- 2.3.1 checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data; or
- 2.3.2 changing your preferences in your online account; or
- 2.3.3 at any time, contacting us at Giant U.K., Charnwood Edge Business Park, Syston Road, Cossington, Leicester LE7 4UZ, firstname.lastname@example.org
3. People who purchase a bike or other goods from us
- 3.1.1 When you purchase a bike or other goods (Goods) from us we will collect certain information from you including your name, address, email address, phone number and financial and credit card information.
- 3.1.2 We will use your personal information to process your order, provide you with the Goods and payment of your order.
- 3.2 Giant Dealers You will be given the option to choose a Giant Dealer to either collect your Goods from, or to deliver your Goods to you based on a geographical search of your address. We will notify the Giant Dealer you choose of your order and will pass your personal information to that Giant Dealer. The Giant Dealer may use your personal information to:
- 3.2.1 process your order;
- 3.2.2 arrange delivery, or collection, of the Goods;
- 3.2.3 ensure that the correct documents, including proof of order, proof of identity and proof of address are provided by you;
- 3.2.4 register the warranty for the Goods;
- 3.2.5 deal with any Notice of Cancellation, inform us of any Notice of Cancellation and arrange collection by us of the cancelled Goods;
- 3.2.6 handle and report to us any complaints made by you.
- 3.3 Couriers - We may pass your personal information to couriers we use to deliver the Goods to you or to the Giant Dealer.
- 3.4 Credit or debit card payment - Where you chose to pay for the Goods by credit or debit card, we will use Stripe, a third party payment gateway, to process your payment. We may send your personal data to Stripe and Stripe may supply us with your personal information so that we can process payment of your order.
- 3.5 PayPal - Where you choose to pay for the Goods via PayPal we may send your personal data to PayPal and PayPal may supply us with your personal information so that we can process payment of your order.
- 3.6 Finance Company - Where you choose to pay for the Goods by a finance scheme offered through our webshop we will collect identification from you which we will store for up to 90 days. We may send this identification and your personal data to the Finance Company and the Finance Company may supply us with your personal information so that we can process payment of your order. The Finance Company may use your personal information:
- 3.6.1 to process payment of your order; and
- 3.6.2 to cancel your credit agreement (where we notify them of the cancellation of the contract for sale) and to arrange any refund with you.
- 3.7.1 Where you choose to purchase Goods through your employer by salary deduction by virtue of the Giant reward scheme (Giant Reward Scheme) we will collect personal information from you including your name, address, email address, and payroll number.
- 3.7.2 We may share personal information with your employer to establish your eligibility for the Giant Reward Scheme and providing the Goods in accordance with the Giant Reward Scheme.
- 3.8.1 Where you request a quotation for the purchase of Goods, or you purchase Goods through your employer by salary deduction by virtue of the CycleScheme (CycleScheme) we will collect personal information from you including your name, address and email address. We will use your information to provide you with a quotation and to provide you with the Goods you wish to purchase.
- 3.8.2 We may share personal information with your employer and the CyscleScheme provider to establish your eligibility for the CycleScheme and to provide the Goods in accordance with the CycleScheme.
4. People who register their bike with us
- 4.1 Where you choose to register your bike with us we will collect certain information from you including your name, address, email address, frame number and phone number.
- 4.2 We will use your personal information to process your registration.
5. People who request a Test Ride
- 5.1 When you contact us to request a test ride of a bike which some Giant Dealers allow (Test Ride) we will collect certain information from you including your name, address, email address and telephone number.
- 5.2 We will use this information to provide you with a list of Giant Dealers who offer Test Rides and their contact details based on a geographical search of your address. You will then have the option select a Giant Dealer and to ask us to email that Giant Dealer’s contact details to you so that you can contact the Giant Dealer.
- 5.3 We may pass your information to the Giant Dealer you have chosen so that they can contact you to process your request for a Test Ride.
- 5.4 The Giant Dealer is responsible for telling you how they will use your information, but they may use your personal information to:
- 5.4.1 process your Test Ride request;
- 5.4.2 arrange delivery, or collection, of the bike;
- 5.4.3 ensure that the correct documents, including proof of order, proof of identity and proof of address are provided by you.
6. People who subscribe to our newsletters
- 6.1 We offer a newsletter program to provide you with information about goods or services and information we feel may interest you. When you subscribe to our information service you have the option to opt into the nature and type of newsletters you wish to receive which may for example include Giant team news, Giant events and Giant promotions.
- 6.2 When you subscribe to our newsletters we will collect data from you such as your name, address, email address and phone number. When we collect personal information from you we will be up front about the information we collect and we will explain what we intend to do with it.
- 6.3 We have to hold your details where you have requested our newsletters in order to provide it. However, we only use these details to provide the service you have requested and for other closely related purposes. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please let us know at Giant U.K., Charnwood Edge Business Park, Syston Road, Cossington, Leicester LE7 4UZ, email@example.com or update your communication preferences within your account.
- 6.4 We use a third party provider, Purepromoter Ltd (trading as Pure360), to deliver our e-newsletters, but they are only allowed to use the information to send out the publications.
- 6.7 Postal communications: where you subscribe to receive direct mail we may use your personal information, including your name and address, to send you postal communications.
7. People who attend an event
- 7.1 If you book a place at an event organised by us, we may:
- 7.1.1 share your personal information with our booking provider, BookingBug Ltd, and BookingBug Ltd may supply us with your personal information so that we can process your booking; and
- 7.1.2 we may use your personal data to send, or for BookingBug Ltd to send, you SMS and/or email communications relating to your booking and the event.
- 8.1 From time to time we may ask you to participate in a survey. Where you subscribe to our services or have requested information from us or purchased Goods from us, or have requested a Test Ride we might use personal information about you to carry out a survey to find out if you are happy with the Goods and/or the level of service you have received. We will let you know at the time of the survey what information we will collect from you and how we intend to use that information.
- 8.2 We may use a third party to provide the survey in which case we may send your personal data to the third party provider and third party provider may supply us with your personal information so that we can process the survey.
9. People who enter a competition or promotion
- 9.1 Where you enter a competition or promotion we will make it clear what personal information we collect and we will explain what we intend to do with it. We will use your information for the purpose of processing your competition or promotion entry and for marketing purposes related to your competition or promotion entry. We will give you the option to subscribe to our newsletters if you wish.
- 9.2 We may use a third party to provide the promote, market and run competitions and promotions in which case we may send your personal data to the third party provider and third party provider may supply us with your personal information so that we can run the competitions and promotions.
10. Visitors to our website
- 10.1 By visiting www.giant-bicycles.com/en-gb, www.giant-bicycles.com/en-ie, www.test-ride.co.uk, www.giant-bristol.co.uk, www.giant-bromley.co.uk, www.giant-cambridge.co.uk, www.giant-guildford.co.uk, www.giant-kendal.co.uk, www.giant-lincoln.co.uk, www.giant-liverpool.co.uk, www.giant-crystalpalace.co.uk, www.giant-camden.co.uk, www.giant-stpauls.co.uk, www.giant-docklands.co.uk, www.giant-newcastle.co.uk, www.giant-rutland.co.uk, www.giant-radlett.co.uk, www.giant-sheffield.co.uk, www.giant-shoreham.co.uk, www.giant-swansea.co.uk, www.giant-twickenham.co.uk, www.giant-yeovil.co.uk, www.giant-york.co.uk, www.giant-newportpagnell.co.uk, www.giant-southampton.co.uk, www.giant-dublin.ie or www.giant-cork.ie (our site(s)) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
- 10.2 When you visit our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- 10.2.1 technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- 10.2.2 information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number; and information you may provide on forms partially or fully completed, which we may collect even if you have not submitted the form.
- 10.3 We do this to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, to improve our marketing communications and to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site.
- 10.4 We may use this information to improve our communications and services – for example we may send you a ‘basket abandon email’ to give you chance to go straight back to your basket and complete your purchase. We may also contact you to offer you customer support following your visit to see for example whether there is there anything we can help with or to provide you with full specifications of Goods.
- 10.5 If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front and clear about this. Please note that we may collect information that you provide on forms even if you have not fully completed or submitted the form.
- 10.6 We may combine the information we obtain from your visit to our site with other information we hold about you.
- 10.7 We may use a third party to provide services to us in relation to our sites. We may send your personal information to such a third party provider. This information is only shared with third parties to enable those third parties to provide their services to us. We do not permit the third parties to use any information we share with them to contact you.
- 10.8 Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- 10.9 Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- 10.11 We may share your information with our technical, analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
11. People who make a complaint to us
- 11.1 When we receive a complaint from you we may make up a file containing the details of the complaint. This may contain your identity as the complainant as well as any other individuals involved in the complaint.
- 11.2 We will only use the personal information we collect to process the complaint and to check on the level of service we provide.
- 11.3 We may have to disclose your identity to whoever the complaint is about. This is inevitable where, for example, the accuracy of a person’s record is in dispute. If you do want information identifying you to be disclosed, we will try to respect that. However, it may not be possible to handle a complaint on an anonymous basis.
12. People who contact us
- 12.1 If you contact us whether by phone, email, website or otherwise, we will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it. For example, if you fill in a form on our site it will be clear on the form what information you are to provide to us.
- 12.2 We will only use the information you supply to us to deal with the enquiry and any subsequent issues and to check on the level of service we provide.
- 12.3 People who email us: Any email sent to us, including any attachments, may be monitored and used by us for reasons of security and for monitoring compliance with office policy. Email monitoring or blocking software may also be used. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send to us is within the bounds of the law.
- 12.4 People who contact us by phone: Any phone call you make to us may be recorded, monitored and used by us for reasons of security and for monitoring compliance with office policy. Where your telephone call is recorded, we will notify you. Telephone call monitoring may also be used.
- 12.5 People who contact us by post: Any mail you send to us may be monitored and used by us for reasons of security and for monitoring compliance with office policy. Where your telephone call is recorded, we will notify you. Telephone call monitoring may also be used.
13. Information from other sources
- 13.1 We may receive information about you from third parties, for example from Giant branded stores.
- 13.4 We may combine the information we receive from other sources with the information you provide to us and we collect about you.
14. Other uses of your information
- 14.1 We may combine the information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set in this policy (depending on the types of information we receive).
- 14.2 We will also use your information to improve and deliver more tailored and personalised communications and services (where you have requested such communications or services) by:
- 14.2.1 analysing the information anonymously together with other information as a whole to see any trends and patterns etc.;
- 14.2.2 categorising the information; and
- 14.2.3 building a history of your communications with us and your purchases.
15. Other disclosure of your information
- 15.1 In addition to the people we have said we may disclose your information to above, we may also share your personal information with:
- 15.1.1 any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006; and
- 15.1.2 selected third parties including retailers, business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- 15.2 We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- 15.2.1 In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- 15.2.2 If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- 15.2.3 If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
16. Where we store your personal data
- 16.1 The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By providing your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
- 16.3 We have implemented technology measures and security policies to protect the personal data that we have in our control from unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction or accidental loss.
- 16.4 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
17. Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.