COMPANY: Giant Bicycle Canada Inc.
POSITION: Liv Brand Specialist - 14 month full-time contract
LOCATION: North Vancouver, BC
ABOUT LIV CYCLING: Liv is Giant Bicycle’s sister brand dedicated solely to the female rider. The first brand with a comprehensive collection designed specifically for female cyclists, ranging from beautiful apparel to premium bicycles. No matter the rider’s level or style, Liv provides the best products to help women discover new possibilities through cycling.
JOB DESCRIPTION: As the Liv Brand Specialist, your role will be to grow and support the Liv Cycling brand in Canada. Work within the Giant team as the go-to for all things Liv related. This includes working with our retailer network to educate them on Liv products and programs. This includes public speaking and large scale presentations.
You will be responsible for all marketing aspects of the Liv Brand, this involves working with our Global team and implementing print media, PR relations, social media management and website management.
A strong understanding of business practices, budgeting and financial analysis to create goals is key, as is the ability to monitor sales progress throughout the year. A keen eye for detail is needed for product displays and planning with in-store Liv retail areas.
The role also includes managing the extensive Liv ambassador program of over 60 Ambassadors throughout Canada. Fulfilling and identifying sponsorship requirements and involvement with Grass roots and National level athletes. Plan and execute small and large scale events including the Crankworx Liv Aline event. Additionally, work closely with the Product Managers to develop the appropriate Liv Gear and Bike line up for Canada.
- Highest level of customer service. Respect and appreciation for consumers, potential consumers and our retail partners.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, experience with public speaking and presentation skills of up to 150 people, required to interact with retailers, ambassadors and consumers.
- At least 5 years of retail experience including strong understanding of merchandising, store layout, product arrangement and retail showroom development.
- At least 2 years of marketing experience in the bicycle industry or other related industries. This should include development and evolution of social media management.
- Budgeting, financial analysis, sales forecasting, KPI goal setting and reporting
- Event coordinating experience with the ability to execute events, from planning, preparation to setup and teardown with a small team. Events will range from small grass roots to large national events
- Past work with sponsorships, athletes or ambassadorship.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as the ability to thrive in a team environment
- Strong organization and prioritization skills; proven ability to work cross-functionally to accomplish objectives
- Basic mechanic skills including knowledge of bicycle set up and common repairs
- Competent rider both on-road and off-road
- Experience with back office programs and website management. Proficient with Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel.
- French, Photoshop and/or Illustrator skills would be a bonus.
If you think you would be a great fit for our team please forward your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com