Position: Demo Driver / Brand Representative
Location: 2 positions available
- Westen Canada - Primarily British Coumbia
- Central Canada - Primarily Ontario
Job Description: As a Demo Driver, your role will include travel to/attendance of events as you implement/execute demo ride events for consumers and Giant Retail Partners across the province. This position will require management of a Giant and Liv bicycle demo fleet and its dedicated vehicle. Experience as a mechanic is necessary. Skills required include assembly and disassembly of bicycles, maintenance and repair, and rider set up. The demo driver will work with the Events Coordinator, Sales and Marketing teams and our retailers to determine the calendar of events, dealer visits and route map.
As a Brand Representative, you will be responsible for ensuring our brand values are effectively and consistently communicated to our consumers, as well as educating our retail partners on the latest Giant and Liv technologies. Absolute professionalism in every interaction is expected. Experience in sales, group presentation and instructional skills are assets.
This is a yearly contract position.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute demo events, from initial planning to site preparation to rider setup and event teardown.
- Maintain fleet of mechanical & electric road, mountain and lifestyle bikes, handling assemblies and repairs as necessary, as well ordering new tools, parts, and supplies.
- Proactively suggest and coordinate new events and demos as needed.
- Interact with consumers, educating them about the Giant and Liv brand, products and technologies.
- Deliver technical and service training to retail partners.
- Drive a Sprinter van to locations in a safe and timely manner, taking all necessary security precautions.
- Vehicle management including regular maintenance, safety checks, interior/exterior appearance and inventories.
- Recap events and photo documentation to share on our social media platforms.
- Flexibility with sales, marketing, product and service dept’s with additional projects and requests.
- Stay up to date on latest Giant and Liv technologies.
- Highest level of customer service.
- Background experience as a shop or race mechanic.
- Professional appearance.
- Utmost respect and appreciation for Giant consumers, potential Giant consumers and our retail partners.
- Up to date skills on latest industry equipment and technology. This includes knowledge of bicycle suspension set up and repairs and electric bike technology.
- Flexible to all schedule and event requests or changes.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or as part of a team for larger events.
- Competent rider both on-road and off-road.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
- Clean driving record.
- Standard First Aid training is an asset.
If you think you would be a great fit for our team please forward your résumé and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Giant Bicycles: For over four decades, Giant Bicycles, the largest bicycle manufacturer in the world, has devoted itself to the growth of both cycling and cycling culture. Known as the leader in technological innovation and state-of-the-art manufacturing we represent a dedication to providing the best quality and most innovative bicycles to our customers. We also believe in being as honest and uncomplicated as the idea of cycling itself.