How to increase your range on your E-bike
Would you like to ride farther with your Giant E-bike on only one charge? This is possible with a couple of great tips and tricks. It is always possible to check if you can upgrade your EnergyPak but there are some simple riding behavioral changes that can impact your E-bike range.
The range on one charge strongly depends on several circumstances, such as (but not only):
• Weather conditions such as ambient temperature and wind;
• Road conditions such as elevation and road surface;
• Bike conditions such as tire pressure and maintenance level;
• Bike usage such as acceleration and shifting;
• Rider and luggage weight;
• Charge and discharge cycles
For a better range, Giant advises to check the following things to improve your range:
- Make sure the EnergyPak is fully loaded. With a full EnergyPak you can always ride further. The range depends on which EnergyPak you have. Giant offers 300Wh, 400Wh and 500Wh batteries.
- Always check you tire pressure before leaving. By having a better tire pressure you can generate the least rolling resistance. This helps you to ride smooth and comfortable. The max PSI is displayed on the side of the tires.
- Shift according to the speed. For low speeds and setting off, low gearing is best. This helps you to get away fast. In this way you use the least energy out of your E-bike. The higher the speed, the higher the gear can be chosen. For smooth support and optimum range, it is best to release pedal pressure while shifting gears.
- Ride in Eco mode. Eco mode is the mode with the least support and energy consumption
- Ride without support. Giant E-bikes can be used without support although it feels a little bit heavier.
Ride farther and enjoy your ride with the Giant E-bike range tips.