Cookies are small information files that can be automatically stored on, or read out from the device (including a PC, tablet or smartphone) of the website’s visitor, while visiting a website. This is done through the web browser on the device. The information that is transmitted by a cookie, about the use of our website, may be transferred to our own secured servers or to the servers of a third party.
- to enable the functionality of our website (technical and functional cookies);
- to generate overall statistics and gain insight into the use of our website by the public in order to optimize our website and services (analytics cookies);
- to make the internet offer more interesting for you by displaying advertisements that fit your interests (targeting/advertisement cookies).
Technical and functional cookies
Some cookies allow our website to work properly, and save your user preferences. For example, to allow the use of the ‘shopping basket’ to save a user session, or to save a search term within the website.
This site uses DoubleClick and GA Audiences cookies of Google, and Facebook Custom Audience and Facebook Connect. We use these services in order to improve the relevance of online advertising for you, and we can gain insight in the effectivity of our advertising campaigns. By use of these cookies, a unique cookie ID is given to you as a website visitor, so that you do not see the same advertisement twice. We only place these so-called tracking cookies with your consent.
Disabling of cookies
You can prevent the placement of cookies by adjusting the settings in your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling some functionality and certain features of this website. Therefore, it is recommended not to disable cookies.
Removal of cookies
Most cookies have an expiration date. This means that they will automatically expire after a certain period and no longer register any data concerning your visit of the website. Another option is to remove the cookies manually before the expiration data. In order to do this, consult the instruction manual of your browser.
We take security measures to reduce misuse of and unauthorized access to personal data. We take the following measures in particular:
- we use secure connections (Secure Sockets Layer of SSL) to encrypt all information between you and our website when entering your personal data;
- we keep logs of all requests for personal data;
- access to personal data is restricted to those persons who need the personal data for fulfilling their tasks.
We reserve the right to modify this statement. We would like to recommend that you consult this statement on a regular basis, so that you remain informed of any changes.