To submit a Helmet Crash Replacement claim, simply follow the below steps:
1) Download and fill out the Helmet Crash Replacement return form through this link.
2) Securely package your damaged helmet, Helmet Crash Replacement return form and copy of your proof of purchase and ship to the address on the return form.
Please see important information section of this page before shipping the helmet.
3) Once received, Giant will assess the Helmet Crash Replacement claim and notify you of the assessment result via email. We aim to complete this as promptly as possible but allow a processing time up to 5 business days from receipt of the package.
4) If successful, you will be provided with a one-time promo code to use via our Click & Collect e-commerce website to purchase your replacement helmet at the 50% off RRP discount.
5) Collect your replacement helmet from your local authorised Giant retailer
6) Put on your new helmet and go for a ride!
What to provide with Helmet Crash Replacement claim:
- The damaged helmet for assessment
- Printout of the completed Helmet Crash Replacement return form including your contact information (Full name and email address)
- A copy of the proof of purchase (sales receipt) showing the date of purchase
- A written account of how the accident occurred on the Helmet Crash Replacement return form
- If a police incident report is available, please include
- Helmet Crash Replacement is only available for Giant or Liv branded helmets sold within Australia through an authorised Giant Bicycles retailer or via the Giant Australia or Liv Australia websites.
- Helmet Crash Replacements will only ship to & must be collected from authorised Giant retailers in Australia only.
- Helmet Crash Replacement offer is valid for the first 2 years from the original date of purchase and is only available to the original owner (non-transferrable).
- Should a crash replacement helmet be issued in accordance with this policy, the replacement helmet shall be covered by the Helmet Crash Replacement Program for the remaining period left from the purchase date of the original helmet.
Eg: if the helmet is replaced 18 months into the 2 year period, the replacement is covered by the remaining 6 months of the 2 years from the purchase date.
- It is a requirement of the claims process that you send the damaged helmet back to us for assessment. By sending the helmet to Giant for assessment you are acknowledging that the damaged helmet will not be returned. Giant believes that riders should NEVER continue to use a helmet that has been involved in a crash. Giant will dispose of the damaged helmet on your behalf as part of the claim process.
- Giant is not responsible for any shipping or handling costs associated with returning the helmet for claim inspection.
- Please ensure returned goods are adequately packaged to avoid further damage in transit.
- Please ensure that returned goods are sent with a trackable and insured service. Giant cannot take responsibility for items that are damaged or lost in transit.
- Successful claims will be offered a one-time 50% off RRP discount to purchase a replacement Giant or Liv helmet at equal or lesser RRP value via our Click & Collect e-commerce website.
- Where an exact model replacement is not available, a current equivalent model will be offered by Giant. Where a helmet of lower RRP value is selected, no refund or monetary compensation will be offered.
- Damage to the helmet must be the result of a cycling related accident. Damage caused by other factors are not covered by the Helmet Crash Replacement Program.
Giant reserves the right to reject claims we feel are not genuine or which fall outside of the 2 year period. In the event that a claim is rejected, the decision from Giant as to whether the claim satisfies the Helmet Crash Replacement Program will be final.